With the recent outbreak of Covid-19, many of us are left feeling fearful and uncertain as to what we can do to protect ourselves and our loved ones. There are a lot of misconceptions about the cure and there are many scams telling us that if we purchase such and such a thing we will be safe from catching Covid-19, but the truth of the matter is nobody is safe. But what we can do is help our bodies to be in a position to fight back.
As we know from the advice and the recommendations of GPs and our NHS; we need to:
Make sure we wash our hands I have taught my children to wash their hands for 20 seconds. I have told them to sing ‘ Happy Birthday’ twice; that way they know that 20 seconds is up. Not only is it cheerful and fun. It encourages them to actually do it.
Take hygiene and cleanliness seriously. For me and my children, this is about showering and changing clothes every day, washing everything that has been used. I also clean all packets of food I buy. Fruits and vegetables are washed the moment I get in from shopping, and I sanitise doors etc.
- Ensure social distancing is maintained. If like me, you are a single parent, you are probably used to this type of lifestyle. The one area I struggled with was to make the decision to leave my children at home when I go food shopping. I take them everywhere so this was hard, but they have shown that they are more mature than I had expected. This gave me the confidence that I have now. And I know when I’m going to the supermarket all I have to worry about is me staying 2 metres from other shoppers instead off looking around and telling my kids to stay close or not to touch that.
This is one of the things I do to keep my body and mind to stay well. I drink lemon water. Every night I boil the kettle and make hot lemon water sometimes adding a bit of sweetener, but sometimes I drink it without. It is an acquired taste, but you do get used to it.
I have been drinking lemon water for 14 years and my children will occasionally drink some. But I have always made a point of them taking vitamins every morning. I started drinking lemon water to help me improve my immune system back in the day. As I researched into it I learnt some great benefits and here are some:
- Increased immune system
- Cleansing of liver, kidney and blood
- Eliminating waste from the digestive tract
- Flushing out toxins from the body
- Increasing energy and lifting mood.
If you have any suggestions which will help others, please leave them in the comments below.